Skin protects your innermost cells and organs from harmful ultraviolet rays and it also helps you regulate your internal temperature, which is why your skin is arguably the most vital, essential physical feature.
However, your skin also plays a crucial role in terms of your outward appearance and self-assurance, which is why it’s so important to ensure that you’re always putting your best foot forward by taking good care of your epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous tissues on a year-round basis.
With this notion in mind, we’re going to underscore some of the most esoteric facts about your skin and explain why it’s in your best interests to visit a local dermal therapy clinic for a personalised treatment.
Some Fascinating Things about Skin That You Probably Didn’t Know
Human skin is unlike any other organ in the body. It is completely waterproof, self-regenerates, and provides a protective shield against a myriad of earthly dangers but here are some little-known facts and figures that you should be cognisant of:
- According to scientific reports, the human body is comprised of almost 40 trillion total cells and roughly 35 billion distinctive skin cells.
- Your skin accounts for approximately 12% to 20% of your total bodyweight.
- You can shed as many as 50,000 skin cells per minute and it only takes about 25 to 30 days for your epidermis to completely renew itself with a fresh layer of cells.
- Visible changes to your skin can be indicative of an impending health condition or medical disorder, which is why physicians have been evaluating skin manifestations for thousands of years.
- Recent studies have found that nearly five in every six Australians will develop acne, pimples, or blackheads at some point in their lives and that 16% of the total population suffers from some degree of rosacea.
- Collagen is arguably the most essential naturally-occurring element within your skin because it determines the tautness, lustre, and elasticity of your epidermis.
Furthermore, it’s worth mentioning that only 8% to 12% of Australians are actually satisfied and contented with the countenance and form of their skin, which is why you shouldn’t be all that surprised to find out that the typical person applies more than five topical creams and unguents each day.
The IPL Treatment Can Rejuvenate and Revitalise Your Skin
Instead of spending hundreds of dollars per year on unproductive ointments, lotions, and balms, you should partner with a time-honoured skin care clinic and schedule a personalised, curative IPL procedure at your earliest convenience. In this regard, you can visit the website of a trusted skin care facility to view IPL in Perth prices and arrange an introductory consultation with a compassionate, gracious specialist.
This non-intrusive, medically-proven treatment option utilises unique wavelengths of light to reenergise your skin and incite the organic production of haemoglobin, collagen, and toxin-fighting compounds, which effects a smooth, healthy, supple epidermis.
The actual process is safe, highly effective, easy to facilitate, and, most notably, very cost-effective when compared to alternative treatment options so be sure to contact a distinguished panel of skin care experts during your next day off.
All it takes is a single outpatient appointment to renew your appearance, reduce wrinkles, rectify visible rosacea symptoms, and considerably enhance your overall visage.